Monday 25 April 2016

OUGD501 END OF MODULE SELF EVALUATION

This module has gone a lot smoother than expected, especially in comparison to last year. I was a lot more interested in the research question, and found that by having a much simpler essay structure this made is easier to write the essay and made the essay itself much more structured and easy to follow. I also enjoyed doing the research for the essay, as there was a lot of material about the topic, which made it a lot easier to find what I was looking for. I was also pleased with the feedback from my first draft of the essay, as there wasn't a lot to do, and it was commented that it has the basis for an excellent essay, which meant that I didn't have to spend too much time on it towards the end, allowing me to spend longer on the practical outcome and other work.
I don't think my time management on this module has been as good as it could of been, for example I didn't blog the study tasks as soon as I should have done, instead leaving it all to the last minute and then them not really having any influence in my work. In saying that, I am pleased with my essay and practical outcome, and don't feel that my work has been compromised because I didn't do the study tasks when I should of done, in fact I don't think they would of really benefitted my work directly in any huge way anyway. The quality of the final practical outcome wasn't up to standards I was completely happy with, however it shows what I was aiming for, and you get the idea, and I have commented in the brief evaluation about this.
After writing about editorial design and producing a publication, and enjoying it more importantly, this has solidified my interest in pursuing with editorial design in the future, and potentially continuing this research and experimentation into COP3, expanding and refining my knowledge about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment