Saturday 16 April 2016

OUGD501 PAGE & PAPER SIZES

I want to be able to print on A4 stock in order to save costs for printing. However I also want to produce a publication the same size as the Cyprien Gaillard zine. I measured Cyprien Gaillard and it measures 15x20cm in single page sizes. A5 page sizes are 14.8x21cm, so Cyprien Gaillard is slightly wider than A5. This wouldn't be too much of an issue if I could print onto the whole page, however there is a non printing margin around the page, and if crop marks need to be added (which they will) then the page size will have to be shrunk even further. If the single page sizes were scaled down to 14x19cm, then a spread would be 28x19cm, this would fit comfortably within A4 stock, which is 29.7x21cm. However I don't know whether this paper size would work with crop marks added, or if it would need to be scaled down further to accommodate this. Also, I don't want the page sizes to become too small as then this will result int he photographs having to be scaled down as well, and there generally not being as much 'space' and would of liked. I should experiment with the first scaled down page sizes and try and print a spread with crop marks and see if scaling down occurs and to what amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment